The high school used to film scenes in David Lynch’s iconic television series Twin Peak is being demolished.
The show, created by Mark Frost and David Lynch and first premiered in 1990, has built a cult following stronger than most of Lynch’s artistic creations. Iconic characters, the cherry pie and black coffee, Cooper and the llama and the surreal locations that were repeatedly used and became synonymous with the show.
One of those locations, the Twin Peaks High School and its famous red lockers, zig zag decorations and loving graffiti, will be demolished as the end of an era draws closer.
“The location for Twin Peaks high school closes today,” Courtenay Stallings, a fan of the show said in a post on social media. “Demolition begins soon. So grateful to have spent time here over the years — and over the moon that I got to access some out-of-reach places,” she added.
“Rest In Peace, red lockers. See you in my dreams.”
“Today is the last day of Twin Peaks High School. Its doors will shut soon and demolition begins July 5th,” Aaron Cohen said on social media.
“This high school will live on forever in our memories. So will Norma and Ed,” he added.
Twin Peaks fans will only be left with memories of Audrey smoking in her locker and the touching love note for Norma and Ed after the building is destroyed.
In slightly nicer Twin Peaks related news, Death Waltz Recording Company are continuing their exclusive collaboration with David Lynch and the show and recently announced a new soundtrack vinyl collection.
Released on double coloured vinyl, the first will be a 180g record pressed on ‘Cherry Pie Splatter’ red while the second is ‘Machine Room Grey.’
“Twin Peaks was an absolute game changer when it hit screens in 1990, personally it is burned into my psyche as one of the greatest TV shows of all time, with easily the most iconic soundtrack that has ever graced my ears. When Season 3 was announced I was both terrified and beyond excited,” head of Music Spencer Hickman said. “Luckily the show turned out to be absolutely incredible and once again the music was a major player in helping audience connect characters with key themes throughout the Season,” he added.
Twin Peaks: Limited Event Series Soundtrack 2XLP (DW150) track listing:
1. Twin Peaks Theme (Falling) – Angelo Badalamenti
2. American Woman (David Lynch Remix) – Muddy Magnolias
3. Laura Palmer’s Theme (Love Theme From Twin Peaks) – Angelo Badalamenti
4. Accident / Farewell Theme – Angelo Badalamenti
5. Grady Groove (feat. Grady Tate) – Angelo Badalamenti
1. Windswept (Reprise) – Johnny Jewel
2. Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room – Angelo Badalamenti
3. The Chair – Angelo Badalamenti
4. Deer Meadow Shuffle – Angelo Badalamenti
1. Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima (with Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra) – Witold Rowicki/Krzysztof Penderecki
2. Slow 30’s Room – David Lynch & Dean Hurley
3. The Fireman – Angelo Badalamenti
1. Saturday (Instrumental) – Chromatics
2. Headless Chicken – Thought Gang (Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch)
3. Night – Angelo Badalamenti
4. Heartbreaking – Angelo Badalamenti
5. Audrey’s Dance – Angelo Badalamenti
6. Dark Space Low – Angelo Badalamenti