You may not know this, but your favourite Jurassic Park character and all-around good guy Jeff Goldblum has a penchant for Jazz. In fact, he has played with a band at nights in L.A. and New York since the 90’s, and now, he’s released his debut album with his band titled The Capitol Studio Sessions.
When he’s not filming, Goldblum, who has been playing the piano since he was a child, the actor hosts a weekly jazz variety show at LA’s Rockwell Table and Stage. Frequented by locals and A-listers alike, the show intersperses Goldblum’s love of jazz with his passion and skills at improvised comedy.
The album is a triumph of joy with Goldblum adding the same intensity and comforting affirmation that we love in his acting right through his musical nuances as well. Using vocal guests really adds another layer to the album while the orchestra sounds lush and luxurious.
But now Jeff Goldblum and The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra are not only coming at us with a brand new album of tracks, with some incredible guest vocalists, but they’ve also got a huge tour planned across America with some European dates too.
“I love improvising and that feeling of communication and interplay. It’s one of the cornerstones of my acting technique. I see my music in the same way.” – Jeff Goldblum
Take a listen to The Capitol Studio Sessions below the album’s tracklisting.
- Cantaloupe Island
- Don’t Mess With Mister T (feat. Till Brönner)
- My Baby Just Cares For Me (feat. Haley Reinhart)
- Straighten Up And Fly Right (feat. Imelda May & Till Brönner)
- Jeff Introduces Sarah Silverman (feat. Sarah Silverman)
- Me And My Shadow (feat. Sarah Silverman & Till Brönner)
- Nostalgia In Times Square
- It Never Entered My Mind (feat. Till Brönner)
- Gee Baby (Aint I Good To You) (feat. Haley Reinhart)
- I Wish I Knew (How It Could Feel To Be Free)
- This Bitter Earth (feat. Imelda May & Till Brönner)
- Come On-A-My House (feat. Imelda May & Till Brönner)
- Caravan (feat. Till Brönner)
- Good Nights