Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds have announced a string of European dates for Summer 2022. The dates start on the 15th June in Athens, Greece and finish on 12th August in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The tour comes after Cave announced a new album, Carnage, alongside long-time collaborator and Bad Seed, Warren Ellis. Last month, Cave announced that the vinyl and CD release of Carnage has been moved back to the 18th of June due to manufacturing delays. The original release was set to be 28th May.
Last month, Cave released that he and Ellis were also filming live movies featuring songs from Carnage and 2019’s Ghosteen. Carnage, was written throughout the pandemic, and so social distancing measures came with it. During a previous edition of the Red Hand Files, Cave explained that the album was certainly influenced by the pandemic. He revealed that before the album there was “nothing in my head but a whole lot of dread and uncertainty.”
On a recent edition of the Red Hand Files, Cave spoke about the film he and Ellis have collaborated on. “Now, our friend, Andrew Dominik, the movie director, has come to London to film Warren and me attempting to play ‘Carnage’ (and ‘Ghosteen’) live. Five years have passed since Andrew made One More Time with Feeling. Much has changed. But some things haven’t.”
Cave notes. “The world still turns, ever perilous, but containing its many joys. Music remains a balm. Friendships endure. This letter is fractured. I am so excited to perform.”
See the tour dates, below.
Nick Cave 2022 European Tour Dates:
- 15th June – Greece, Athens/ Release Athens Festival
- 21st June – Croatia, Zagreb/ INmusic Festival
- 23rd June – Czech Republic, Prague/ Metronome Festival
- 29th June – Germany, Berlin/ Waldbühne
- 7th July – Slovakia, Trencin/ Pohoda Festival
- 3rd August – Germany, Rastatt/ Residenzschloss
- 5th August – Austria, Klam / Castle Clam
- 11th August – Norway, Øya/ Øyafestivalen
- 12th August – Sweden, Gothenburg/ Way Out West
Listen to the title track from CARNAGE below.