Ben Gibbard from Death Cab For Cutie has tried to keep himself busy during his period spent self-isolation by spending his evenings playing entertaining fans by covering tracks from the likes of John Lennon, Phoebe Bridgers and Bob Dylan during the latest instalment of his ‘Live From Home’ session.
With the global coronavirus pandemic putting normality on a halt, Gibbard has been doing his best to bring people together and create a sense of community by streaming a series of live performances from his home studio.
As of March 23rd, the deadly virus has now spread its way through over 150 countries and the number of people who have officially contracted COVID-19 stands at over 341,000. Tragically, as governments enforce a stricter response to the pandemic, it has already taken the lives of over 14,000 people across the globe, a figure which is sharply rising every day.
The series of home concerts has been a welcome distraction for fans over the last few days which has seen the front-man play Death Cab For Cutie favourites as well as taking on some of his favourite artists such as Radiohead and Joy Division in earlier sessions.
Last night’s set appropriately begun with John Lennon track ‘Isolation’ and saw Gibbard also put his spin onto ‘If Not for You’ by Bob Dylan, ‘Waltz #2 (XO)’ by Elliott Smith and Phoebe Bridgers’ ‘Motion Sickness’.
You can check out the Death Cab frontman’s spectacular setlist and watch his latest session below.
- ‘Isolation’ (John Lennon cover)
- ‘Silver Lining ‘(Rilo Kiley cover)
- ‘Thirteen” (Big Star cover)
- ‘Waltz #2 (XO)’ (Elliott Smith cover)
- ‘Motion Sickness’ (Phoebe Bridgers cover)
- ‘If Not for You’ (Bob Dylan cover)
- ‘New Slang’ (The Shins cover)
- ‘Hysteria’ (Def Leppard cover)
- ‘The Bones Are Their Money’ from Tim Robinson’s show ‘I Think You Should Leave’
- ‘Do You Realize??’ (The Flaming Lips cover)