Now, after an inquest, coroner Shirley Radcliffe told Westminster Coroner’s Court that the musician died by drowning in the bath: “There’s no evidence that this was anything other than an accident,” she said.
PC Natalie Smart, who was at the scene of O’Riordan’s death, told the inquest: “I saw Mrs O’Riordan submerged in the bath with her nose and mouth fully under the water.”
The inquest also revealed that police found multiple empty bottles in the room which included five miniature bottles and a bottle of champagne. On top of that, containers of prescription drugs were found. However, after the conduction a toxicology test, results showed only “therapeutic” amounts of medication in O’Riordan’s blood.
O’Riordan’s family said in a statement: “We knew our Dolores as a loyal daughter, fun-loving sister and above all a dedicated, loving mother to her children Taylor, Molly and Dakota.”
“We are immensely proud of Dolores’s many achievements. Coming from rural County Limerick, our Dolores dared to dream the impossible dream and achieved phenomenal global success and fame in her chosen career.”