Subscribe

Lana Del Rey opens up about kidnap attempt against her for the first time

@@FarOutMag

Lana Del Rey has emotionally discussed the recent kidnap attempt against her while on stage in Atlanta.

Earlier this week Far Out reported the news that a 43-year-old Florida man has been arrested outside her concert armed with tickets and a weapon.

According to a police report, Michael Hunt was arrested outside of a venue on Lana Del Rey’s tour in Orlando, Fla after the Orlando Police Department received a tip about the man’s unusual behaviour.

Del Rey was due to perform the Amway Centre and where Mr Hunt was found with a weapon and tickets to her concert. The official police report explains how the man was charged for stalking with a credible threat and aggravated kidnapping with a weapon.

Now, discussing the what happened for the first time, Del Rey looked visibly shaken while talking to the crowd: “After what happened in Orlando, I just really wanted to be here with you guys tonight,” Del Rey says before seemingly wiping away the tears.

“I was totally feeling fine and then I just got a little bit nervous when I got on stage. I just want to say that I’m super happy to be here with you guys. But if I’m a little bit feathery, bear with me,” she added.

 

Hunt was being held at Orange County Jail without bond.

Taken to custody at 9pm, Hunt was said to be carrying a 3-inch folding knife and aroused suspicion when he shared “cryptic and threatening” posts on social media toward the singer: “I want to see my queen on Friday and from that day forward our decisions will be as one,” Hunt wrote on Jan. 30.

It is also believed that Hunt posted a disturbing video on Facebook in which he rambles and shifts nervously, saying: “I’m going to probably finish out her tour with her, obviously, and dance and talk and figure out what we’re going to do,” he said.

“I’m letting my feet rest before I take off with Lana,” he added.