Blossoms have announced that the recording of their fourth studio album has been finished. The band describe the upcoming release as something “real special”.
“Yeah, we’ve done it, so it’s recorded and we’re sorting all the other stuff out now, like the artwork and all that sort of stuff,” singer Tom Ogden told NME. “We’ve had a bit more time to finesse that side of it, which we haven’t had in the past so I feel like it’s going to be a real special album.”
Last weekend, the band played what was essentially the first large scale show that any group has played since COVID-19 related lockdowns began. The Liverpool gig, which attracted a crowd of 5,000 concertgoers who had to provide proof of either full vaccination or recent negative coronavirus tests, was held in conjunction with the UK government’s Events Research Programme to assess the viability of returning to large scale concerts.
Drummer Joe Donovan described the new album as “an extension of ‘Foolish Loving Spaces’ in some ways,” referring to the band’s previous LP, before joking that the group is “trying not to listen to it too much so they don’t get bored of it.” Bassist Charlie Salt created a bizarre juxtaposition when he described the new material as a cross between Paul Simon and Showaddywaddy. Whatever that means, it’ll be exciting to hear the final result.
After having proven the realistic ability to restart live gigs after their Liverpool performance, the band are scheduled to headline a number of festivals later this year, including the Y Not Festival, before embarking on a tour of their own in the summer months.
You can check out those tour dates down, below.
Blossoms 2021 UK Tour:
- Mon 30 Aug 2021 – Hull Bonus Arena
- Tue 31 Aug 2021 – Glasgow O2 Academy
- Thu 02 Sep 2021 – Lincoln Engine Shed
- Fri 03 Sep 2021 – Stoke-On-Trent Victoria Hall
- Sat 04 Sep 2021 – Birmingham O2 Academy
- Tue 07 Sep 2021 – Cambridge Junction
- Thu 09 Sep 2021 – Leeds O2 Academy
- Sat 11 Sep 2021 – Newcastle O2 Academy
- Mon 13 Sep 2021 – London O2 Forum Kentish Town
- Tue 14 Sep 2021 – London O2 Forum Kentish Town
- Wed 15 Sep 2021 – London O2 Forum Kentish Town
- Fri 17 Sep 2021 – Leicester O2 Academy
- Sat 18 Sep 2021 – Manchester AO Arena